When approaching search engine optimization, many people think that metadata is no longer important. There have been so many different strategies to come out since, that are newer and seem more effective. However, you are skipping a very useful tool if you pay no attention to metadata. Make sure you take the following advice into consideration and learn why metadata is still important in search engine optimization.
What are you going to do to optimize your sites meta description correctly? First of all, you have to think about keyword classification. You must add keywords to your meta description, and then you must place your meta description on the right page. You see, your pages should be classified according to specific keywords phrases, as your content should all be organized and classified on each of your pages for proper optimization.
Your meta keywords should be selected from your master list of keywords. You will definitely encounter new ones from time to time. You need to also select ones from your content that of course fall into the same subject line as your content and niche. Be sure not overuse meta tags. People that believe in using them many times think that they can overuse these as much as they want. Using too many meta tags is like using too many keywords on your site. Search engines will look down on you doing this and ultimate penalize you compared with your competition.
Your page’s title tag should be handled in the same way. As mentioned earlier, each page should represent a specific keyword phrase. you then use your title tag to make that representation or start it in other words. It is very important that you stick with that theme for each thing you do on that specific page.
There are many tools that can help you come up with these meta tags. When blogging, there are side by side tools that can help you with the meta tags, relevant content links, images, and more. Therefore, the tools are available for the taking.
See what the competition is doing with meta tags. Some of this will be in plain sight for you to see and quite obvious. You can see how they group keywords and if they are even making use of meta tags. Many people believe that they are an outdated strategy, but this is simply not the case. If you don’t see some other sites using them, just realize that they don’t have the knowledge that you do.
Track the results of your meta tags by using your analytics tools. You will soon see how they are working to help optimize your content. You will be able to see what people have searched for and how people have found your specific pages. When you see something is working, then it’s when you know you can keep heading down that path.
You are sure to benefit from the strategies that have been explained here regarding meta tags. Start devising a plan for your success today, and you will start to see how meta tags should be a part of your search engine optimization success.
If you want to get traffic to your website, you can rely on natural SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or buy Website Traffic through PPC (Pay-Per-Click) networks like Google Adwords, but which is better? what are the pros and cons? The below infographic allows us to compare, side by side…
With all the talk about search engines and relevancy, I came up with some interesting thoughts that I wanted share about where I believe the search engines are heading concerning basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Trying to stay ahead of the search engines, which is nearly impossible, I’ve been trying to look to the future of SEO while creating web pages following the guidelines of the major search engines.
One of the largest problems the major search engines are dealing with is Search Engine Spam, Adsense Spam, and “Spammy Pages” such as keyword stuffing to gain higher rankings. In guidelines from Google, they mention write your pages for the users, not for the search engines. This statement alone, is a little prediction of the future of what is coming. In order to stay ahead of the curve with some long term planning, I am suggesting we should take this to heart, and stop using the older SEO methods that eventually will hurt our website(s).
Websites are being currently being penalized and dropped from years of top rankings for not adapting to the search engines guidelines and continuing to use SEO methods of years ago. Thinking in terms of long-term success, and to maintain high rankings for each of the major search engines, I have came up with a few guidelines to some basic SEO ideas for you going into the future.
One of the most important aspects for the search engines, and what I have seen and predict will have more importance is website rankings copywriting. This is nothing new, we all know website copywriting is very important, maybe as high at 45% of our copywriting contributes to our page rank. This will always remain important, and I believe will become even more important, as 85%, of what our website says will contribute to our page ranking in the future, as a shift from the search engines giving higher ranking from a technical aspect to more of a informational or relevancy aspect is occurring.
Eliminating some of the currently employed technical aspects may maintain higher rankings in the coming future. Let me explain some of the commonly abused technical SEO habits currently, that I believe is headed toward extinction.
a. Keyword Meta tags. This tag alone is open to elimination due to the common abuse methods such as keyword stuffing. Most major search engines generally ignore this tagline currently.
b. ALT tags are another tagline that is just in the beginning stages of being eliminated. Some search engines have been experimenting with ignoring ALT tags and have found out that pages indexed without ALT tags are returning higher relevancy results. Again like the Meta tags, ALT tags have been abused to such from as keyword stuff.
c. The two Meta tags that will gain in importance will be the Title tag and Description tag. A title and description taglines accurately representing a well written website copy write will enhance your page’s relevancy.
I am not suggesting that today that we immediately stop using the successful technical SEO currently in place, but the gradual elimination of this technique as the search engines stop using each method. Personally, I no longer include the Keyword Meta taglines on my web pages, and will continue to remove useless html as that become irrelevant.
In summary, my opinion is that future SEO standards will be more focused on good copywriting and less on technical aspects such as Meta taglines, Alt taglines, Headings to gain a higher page rank, or should I say higher relevancy.
Every website’s goal is to attract attention and gain more traffic, generally through organic search engine listings. To make a website effective and more desirable, you need to involve proper SEO and SEM practices/methods into your online marketing equation to guarantee your businesses or companies online success.
There are so many websites all over the internet so it’s essential to promote and optimize your website. A new website needs to be visible to search engines. Before submitting your site to search engines it is very important to optimize your website. If you can not afford a search engine optimization service, make sure to follow our few search engine optimization tips to have your web site well optimized for the top placement in search engines.
Step 1. – Analyze your competition
The best way to start optimizing your web site is analyze your competition. Take a look at the web pages that currently have top rankings (Top 10) on Google for targeted keywords and try to find out what these pages have done to get these rankings.
– analyze the first top ten web sites related to your branch
– analyze keywords they are using
– look at their source code, meta tags
– look at their keyword density
– look at their comment tag, alt tags, title tag
– internal and external links on their websites
– look how many sites linking to them
– check out the quality and link popularity of sites that are linking to your competitors
– look how many pages they have
After all you can tell is it easy to beat your competition or it is not.
Step 2. – Start to improve your website with quality content
When optimizing your website always use keyword in the meta tags which are reflected in your page. It is not going to help your search engine ranking if the page has nothing to do with the topic.
Step 3. Choose the right keywords.
As mentioned before, analyze your competition but never use the same keyword and description tag. There are two great resources for finding out the most effective keywords. – Overture – WordTracker
Step 4.Creating meta tags – TITLE Tag
The most important tag is the Title tag, because it is in the head section of your website and many search engines use it. Title tag should be short (about 14 words), descriptive and to the point. The title is appeared on first line in the search engines.
Step 5. Creating meta tags – DESCRIPTION Tag The next important meta tag is description tag. It describes content of your web page
– shouldn’t be longer than 120 characters
– description is for the search engines not for the viewers to see
Step 6. Creating meta tags – KEYWORD Tag
– use the most important keywords that your website represents
– we recommend to use 5 keywords separated by a commas
– one keyword should have 1 – 3 words
Step 7.Creating meta tags – ROBOT Tags
Step 8. – Check your website URL before submit to search engines.
Your website should be finished without errors:
– no broken links
– no spelling mistakes
– have a good design
– no html tag mistakes
– have a site map
Step 9. – Submit your website to search engines
Submit your website into the most important search engines, it brings you the most of traffic. Make sure to submit your URL for free to www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, www.altavista.com, www.alltheweb.com, www.excite.com, www.lycos.com, www.webcrawler.com, www.Alexa.com, www.Jayde.com, www.whatuseek.com, Open Directory (The ODP powers core directory services for some the most popular portals and search engines on the Web, including AOL Search, Netscape Search, Google directory, Yahoo directory, Lycos, DirectHit, and HotBot, MSN and hundreds of others). DMOZ and Yahoo Directory listings are tremendously valuable. There are a lot more free and paid search engines and directories to submit, but if you do not have time to search for and submit, you can also use our search engine submission service.
Step 10. – Build your link popularity (offpage optimization)
Next significant step you should do with your website is build your link popularity. Link Popularity is the number and quality of other websites that link to your site. Top rankings depend on your link popularity. It can be done with creating a quality non-reciprocal and reciprocal links from related web sites and Internet directories, blogs, forum sites …
In order to create quality content for your visitors the general principles that you must follow are:
– it has to be relevant to the main topic of the site (about product/products/services,etc)
– the content can fit in the general industry of the website (about related products/services)
– it has to provide value to the visitors (potential customers)
If you do create a website with quality content you will benefit from:
– increased customer-to-client conversions (because they understand why but also how to use your product/service)
– increased search engine traffic ( because more pages with content mean more visibility, along with the long tail of search)
– more natural, quality and relevant links ( because they will be pointing from established sites in the same industry as yours, from within the context and with the relevant keywords)
If you are wondering where to get quality content, it is quite simple and hard at the same time because the best way to obtain quality content is to write it yourself thus the chances of having a duplicate content will be null. If you don’t have any writing experience, you should start writing because you and only you knows what your product is about, you know how to promote it the best. We offer you a small list of how to do it:
– start writing (any amount of text, on a regular basis)
– you must focus on the benefits of your product
– format the text for the WWW
– provide value and numerous points of view on your product
– keyword research is imperative
– write natural titles and content
By writing quality content for your site you will get more targeted traffic and will most likely help you to increase conversions. These are the reasons:
Getting more traffic onto your website:
– people will link to valuable content, which will increase your website search engine rankings
– valuable content will also generate word-of-mouth advertising (the most appreciated type of advertising available)
– by adding quality (unique) content, you make your site findable by a much wider array of words (search queries)
– by getting more and more traffic the amount of potential customers will increase (at least theoretically), thus increasing conversions
– while reading your unique & valuable material, the visitors of your website will have not only more time but also ideas of purchasing your product/service
– when providing value to your visitors (potential customers), they will be more likely to remember you when they are in need of the product/service you provide
Don’t know what to write about? Although there are many ways of writing content that appeal to the visitors, there is only one important principle: the content written is targeted to provide value. We offer you a small list of types of content that you might use on your website:
– about how your product or the service you provide is important (on a regular basis or once in a while,etc.)
– about the different types of the product or service you provide
– advantages of using the product, benefiting from the service you have to offer
– basic information regarding the product and basic usage information
In order to attract more and more visitors, quality content shouldn’t be text only as many people will get bored reading page after page. In order to provide value you must insert one of the following:
– audio information in mp3 format or similar
– quality images (high resolution)
– videos (tutorials as well as interesting and catching ads)
– reviews, testimonials and comments regarding your product
All things considered, by providing quality content you will attract more and more visitors thus increasing your chances for more sales because these visitors are potential clients. It is a known fact that a stolen content won’t be taken into consideration by search engines which will most likely ignore your website).
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not something performed as a blanket approach to website development, it is an individual set of actions performed page by page to suit that page’s particular goals and SEO needs. I like to break up a clients website into specific and important pages based on the keyword terms we have identified through research and then write the first few pages to suit those terms. We associate page titles, page file names (buy-blue-widgets.html), H1 tags, description and keyword Meta tags and in page content to tell the story that match those identified keywords. It is also important to ensure your pages are W3 compliant and have no errors.
I have compiled a list of some of some common Search Engine Optimization (SEO) mistakes.
1. Bad Titles. Titles are the most important thing about a webpage. Search engines spiders see the title on your page first and they make a general assessment about it based upon this. They scan the page and make sure the content of the page matches the title and then assign rankings based upon these matches and how they best fit. The title tag is the best way to inform the search engine what your page is about, and they play an important part in ranking if used properly. Placing your main identified keywords in the title and ensuring to obey the rule of leftward and stemming is vital – leftward rule, the closer the word to the left of the sentence the more important it is, stemming is where words can be associated but with words in-between i.e.: Great Blue Widgets when stemmed would allow Great Widgets. It is important to ensure your title matches your page content, description and Meta keywords and in unique for your website. Every page title and content should be unique otherwise is will be ranked supplemental.
2. Filename of the page. It is important if you are using dynamic websites like Joomla or other content management systems that a search engine friendly URL translator is installed. Because I use Joomla every day I will describe what I mean relating to Joomla. In Joomla (and most other dynamic websites) URL’s like the normal Joomla URL “index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1766&Itemid=35” drive the website. The problem with these URL’s is that they are unintelligible by humans and also by search engines. Installing a search engine friendly URL component will change these pages to something more meaningful and also including your keywords in these page names can help with SEO. The newly transformed search engine friendly URL would look like this “buy-blue-widgets.html”. If you do not have a dynamic website then ensuring your page name is short, to the point and contains your main keywords for that page maybe with a call to action like “buy” and “blue widgets”.
3. Duplicate or Bad Content. Ensuring your content is unique and relevant is vital in SEO success. Often websites just duplicate content or bring in plagiarized content from other websites. It is my experience that these websites fail dismally in search engine rankings. Write some decent and unique content or maybe search online and find someone who can actually write you decent unique content for a fee. Make it good, friendly and unique content that people will want to link to. If you are listed in the supplemental index of Google then making sure you titles, descriptions, Meta keywords and on page content is unique is the only way to drag them out of the supplemental index.
4. No Links. Having covered off a few of the on page most important SEO tips we now look at links, which are an off page SEO concept. For each person or website that links to your website it is a vote for your site. If the website that links to yours has a high pagerank itself then it carries more weight. Simply having good keywords, titles and text on your page is only part of SEO. Just because you created a unique and perfectly optimized webpage does not mean you will automatically gain a decent pagerank for that page. In order to ensure SEO success you have to create incoming links – this is probably the hardest part of search engine optimization because you are effectively selling your pages all over the Internet. One way to gain instant (within a few weeks) links is to pay for text advertising – A search on Google will uncover some of the best text linking services. Link exchanges are bad because for every vote you get you are giving one away and if you happen to link to a “black listed” site then Google will penalize you significantly. One way links are the ultimate in SEO link campaigns so seek out directories (either paid or free, you need to evaluate), post in forums, write articles and submit them and ask other friendly webmasters if they can help you out with a link. The best way to gain links is to have unique content that other people actually want to link to.
5. Incoming link anchor text. Having pointed out how important it is to gain incoming links it is now important to also point out that the text those links are anchored to is important also. The text should be targeted at your main keywords and the page they point to should have those keywords as relevant and prominent also. The website you link from should be relevant to your website. So, as an example I own a web design company in Melbourne, Australia so I gain links from web hosting providers and/or open source Joomla sites in or around my region. Getting 1000 links from a casino related website will serve no benefit to my website and will not make it rank higher for “web design” keyword search terms. Use professional common sense when gaining links.
6. Bad Internal Page Links. We return to on page factors that you can work on within your website. It is important to make sure that the anchor text linking to pages within your own website is relevant to the target page. Make sure the title tag is filled in also for each link. You have the greatest control over links from within your own web site so make sure they are relevant and that link title and the on page copy match the main keywords of the target page.
7. Live links. Using some external tools like the link checker that W3 Org offer is good. I suggest harnessing as many tools as you can to ensure all of the links on your website are live, working and not sending people to 404 error pages. It is also important to check and make sure your page markup, or html, xhtml, is valid so W3 also offer a tool to check this. Make use of both of these freely available tools.
8. Impatience. Search Engine Optimization is not a short term task. It is one of an ongoing refinement after refinement and hour after hour of working on your website. Producing unique content, checking it, validating, listing and checking the search engines and making sure they have it listed correctly. Do not think for one second that you can optimize your site thoroughly ever and do not ever think that just because you are number one for a search term that it will indefinitely stay that way. Search Engine Companies are always changing their ranking and rating systems and coupled with this there are always other people out there gunning for your top spot. Keep looking to improve and learn more and don’t sit back and wait for others to take your top spot, be proactive, seek out new content, links and keep ahead of the curve.
9. Keyword selection. This is proving to be a very common mistake among beginners to SEO. Often people base their own keyword selection on what they *think* is right but is this what people actually search for when they are looking for your product or service? Often the answer to this questions is no. It is an important step to do the correct keyword research and ensure you have the right keyword list before you optimize any pages with them. Using Overture, Google Adwords and some other paid keyword tools like WordTracker (the default standard in Keyword Finding) are vital to success in finding good keywords. It is important to localize your target market and figure out what they are actually searching on when they are looking for products or services that you offer. Do the research and be as specific as possible while still being broad enough to capture some high keyword traffic.
10. Keyword Spamming and Stuffing. If you sell “Blue Widgets” then every page of your site does not need to have “Blue Widgets” in the title, description and Meta tags. Try and be objective and analyze you website. Focus pages on a specific group of keywords you have identified from the keyword list. Sometimes finding niche markets locally first can be best. So, as an example, “Buy Blue Widgets Australia” or “Buy Blue Widgets Melbourne”. These would be examples of good second or even third tier search keyword phrases but you can make some good sales with these niche terms because the searcher is targeting buying these items.
These are not the be-all and end-all of Search Engine Optimization mistakes but I have found these to be the main mistakes made by my clients prior to being involved. Good luck and I wish you all the best with your SEO efforts.
If you are looking for affordable SEO services (company), then you have landed on the right page. Our SEO services and web solutions are tailor-made to suit even the most shoe-string budgets. We follow the most advanced SEO methodologies to help your site rank higher in SERPs adopting our Ethical SEO approaches.
Our SEO services will help your site increase visibility and bring quality and targeted visitors. Although our services are capable helping your site achieve potential customers and higher conversion rate yet, to your pleasant surprise, we offer these website rankings at the most competitive prices to you.
Higher Search Engine Ranking is NO Fluke!!!
It’s true. Your site can not increase its website rankings by happenstance. It has numerous competitors to fight against so that it emerges victorious by putting them behind in the search engine visibility. We by the virtue of our white hat SEO techniques ensure that your site consistently improves its ranking over the times. We value ethical SEO practices and incorporate highest level of search engine marketing ethics into our business practices. Our organic SEO practices with while-hat techniques uniquely differentiate us from the other SEO Companies in the industry.
Ethical/ White Hat SEO Practice
We, as a leading SEO Company, are capable of performing through Ethical Search Engine Optimization practices. One of the reasons of our rapid growth over the past few years can be largely attributed to the fact that we have always given consistent performances to our clients. Ethical SEO practices have been ingrained deeply in our business ethos and we believe in passing it down to each and every staff in our organization.
Dedicated and Experienced SEO Professionals
Each of our Dedicated Search Engine Marketing professionals has ample experience in handling SEO campaign for many customers. We utilized our collective experience and expertise to bring the desired results for our customers. Our search engine optimization specialist are not only thorough in field of search engine optimization and marketing, but also they are talented enough input their valuable contributions to make each and every campaign successful. Our search engine optimization specialist display brilliant coordination among themselves which is a critical factor while handling an SEO project. Starting from search engine submissions, Link Building team to Web development team and Content developer team, our SEO experts help you get the best results and boost your sales growth.
Higher Ranking, More Traffic and Greater ROI
We offer you the guaranteed SEO Services with higher ranking, increased traffic and greater ROI. Our estimates are based on practical calculation rather than empty and tall claims. We allow our customers to check our services by going through small and affordable SEO Services plans. This transparency has effected our growth tremendously. Our ethical SEO services offer higher search engine ranking for a long time. Since our SEO methods are based on White-hat techniques, we are able to deliver solutions on a long-term basis.
Our higher website rankings services enable your site to achieve higher volume of targeted, potential and convertible traffic. This creates a chance of higher conversion rate resulting into sales. Apart from the natural or organic search engine optimization services, we are also into sponsored list campaigning of Google. Our efficacious PPC campaigns help you achieve grater ROI (Return on Investment) thereby maximizing your revenue generation.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the surest ways to boost traffic to your site and increase sales revenue of your business. SEO or Online Marketing has become extremely indispensable for the growth of your business. It helps your site increase its ranking in various search engines thereby improving the search engine visibility in different search engines. This in turn helps your site generate more traffic leading to higher conversion rate. Search engine marketing, on the other hand, deals with the entire process of optimization, i.e., organic as well as paid results. A well-strategized paid result campaigning (known as PPC Campaigning) can do wonders for your site.
Banner ads have come under fire a lot lately as being an outdated fad of internet marketing, which is totally unture. Gawker Media CEO Nick Denton recently declared that banner advertisements are dead, in that they don’t generate the advertisement revenue for his websites as they once had in the past, meaning people just don’t click on banner ads as much as they used to. If done correctly it can still be a very powerful means of driving targeted traffic. Using well designed ads can generate interest in products and services, as ultimately getting click conversions its all a numbers game.
The more clicks the more sales, period!
Do you have Banner Ads? Make yours professional…
GETPOPULARFAST now offers super graphic and logo designs as well as banners that knock the socks off the competiton, consult with one of our Graphic Team members via our contact page or an online sales rep! 😀
The saying, “less is more” definitely applies to text on banner ads. To make your ads as effective as possible, use larger fonts and fewer words. Text that’s too small will bury your ad within the website and other ads. Text that is boring or misleading will do the same, but in a different way. Make sure to also use call to action words and keep consistent with your brand’s voice.
Using banner ads for lead generation can still get amazing results, but one of the biggest factors is knowing who your target audience is, and if they’re the type that are more likely to click on banner ads. Making a professionally designed ad, whether flash or .swf we do custom campaigns for countless clients. Regardless it’s now more important than ever to contact leads generated from banner campaigns fast and you need a lead management solution to do it. You also need to track your results with analytic tools, marketing automation, and ROI from campaigns in real-time. The faster you can analyze your results the better you can change course and make changes that are needed.
Here’s a great Banner Ads infographic on who is still clicking on banners:
How does Google determine domain age and and How important is it for website authority?? Does Google look at the whois data or do they rely on the crawler? e.g. When they first indexed the website. Check out the great tips below:
Helpful tips for establishing website authority:
Now that we have looked at some of the benefits of having an authority website in the previous post, you may be wondering what you need to do to accomplish this for yourself. Here we’ll take a look at a number of professional recommendations that can all help towards this goal. Ok, here we go!
1. Have a Blog on Your Domain
As I have already mentioned, building website authority takes time and effort. One of the best ways to keep your target audience entertained or interested and prove to them that you have valuable knowledge and information is to blog. A blog is great for encouraging people to keep coming back to your site, which is critical for building authority. With a blog, you will be able to show readers that you are an expert in your field. Over time your blog archives will develop into a valuable library of content that attracts search engine visitors.
Blogs are great for building links from other websites because bloggers tend to link to other blogs, and interesting, helpful articles will be shared by your readers via links, e-mail, and social media. If your business has a simple website with only a few pages about your company, your services, and your staff, it’s unlikely that a lot of other websites and blogs will be linking to you. The content is just not rich enough. Having a blog drastically increases the amount of content on your site, which means more opportunities for inbound links.
An increase in content and inbound links will likely lead to an increase in search engine traffic. From my own experience with my sites and those of my clients, I have found blogs to be an incredible opportunity for increasing search engine traffic.
Probably even more important than the links or increased traffic, blogging gives you the opportunity to connect with your visitors and customers in a way that is not possible with just a static website.
The personal nature of blogging is great for helping others to see what you have to offer, but also for building trust, which is critical for gaining authority. Yes, there are some downsides to blogging. Maintaining a blog that is updated regularly will take some time and the results will not usually come right away, but if you can put in the effort and be patient the benefits will become apparent.
2. Know Your Audience
Blogging to build your authority is more than just posting personal information, or the same content that can be found at many other blogs. In order to work your way into being an authority in your industry, you will need to first have a very clear idea of your target audience and what they need from you. Find ways to use your blog to give them information and resources that will be helpful to them and you will prove to be a valuable resource.
3. Go Above and Beyond
Building website authority is not easy. Only a small percentage of sites in any given industry will ever achieve a status and reputation that could be considered authority, and naturally those will be the sites that go above and beyond the others in the industry to become the most valuable resources for visitors. If your goal is to establish a high level of authority, then take a look at the other websites and blogs in your field and see what they are doing. Think about what you can do to make your website stand out as unique and more valuable. If you are doing the same things and publishing similar content as all the other sites, it will be difficult to ever separate yourself from the pack.
4. Publish Content Consistently
If you’re blogging on your site, then it is important that you make an effort to publish posts on a consistent basis. This doesn’t mean that you need to publish something every day or that you have to publish on specific days of the week, but always be working on new content and avoid going long periods of time with no posts. Posting consistently will help to build momentum and to keep your subscribers and readers coming back. Building authority is much more difficult with sporadic and infrequent posting.
In my own work, I have found that it helps set up a posting schedule for each week. I plan posts a week in advance so that I know what needs to be done. This also makes it easier for me to work ahead. This approach can also work for businesses that have several different people writing for the blog. For example, if you have three people doing the writing, rather than everyone just posting whenever they have something done, assign a specific day each week or a particular date of the month to each author. Planning will help make sure that the blog is not abandoned for long periods of time.
If there is no one at your business who has the time to write blog posts on a consistent basis , another option is to hire freelance writers. You can post a job listing at the ProBlogger job board or any other site that showcases freelance writing opportunities. Writers can be hired for reasonable prices and your site can benefit from the content that is consistently added.
5. Network with Others in Your Niche
Those who run authority websites are typically very well-connected in their industries. Likewise, every successful blogger has a strong network of other bloggers. If you want to build your site’s authority, make an effort to be active in the online community of your industry. Get to know other bloggers and business owners and you are likely to make some valuable connections.
Being well connected can lead to positive recommendations, collaboration and joint venture opportunities, increased in-bound links, and generally a higher profile and increased recognition within your industry.
Let a GetPopularFast SEO & Social Marketing Expert help you increase your website authority today!
6. Build Links
I talked earlier about how blogs can help to build links, but the subject of link building is of critical importance for improving the authority of your site. Links drive traffic to your site, both in terms of click-throughs and search traffic, and therefore it should be a major point of emphasis in your marketing efforts.
Building links is a subject that cannot be covered adequately in this post, but here are some basic link building tactics that you can use for the purpose of improving authority.
Guest post at other blogs
Writing for other blogs is one of the most under-used marketing methods available. Most bloggers are always in need of good content and open to publishing articles from other bloggers. From your perspective, writing for other blogs will provide an excellent opportunity to get your name in front of a targeted audience and to get a link back to your website (most blogs include a brief author bio with a link on guest posts). While it will take some time to write the posts, the free exposure and link is more than worth the effort if you are choosing blogs in your industry that have a similar audience as yours.
If you are interested in guest posting but not sure where to start, first work on finding other blogs that cover similar topics as you and have a well established audience. Once you have some blogs in mind, put together some ideas for posts. Next, contact the blog owner through a contact form or via e-mail and simply ask if they are interested in receiving guest posts.
From my experience, you probably won’t see huge results in terms of visitors from any one guest post, but the cumulative effect of several quality guest posts on influential blogs in your industry can be great for your name, recognition, and reputation.
Marketing your blog with social media promotes website authority
One of the most common methods for link building is through the use of social media sites like Digg, Reddit, Delicious, and others. These sites can help you to get your content valuable exposure, which often leads to links from other bloggers who found you through the social media site. The effectiveness of link building through social media has died off a little bit in the last few years, but it still brings significant opportunity and should be a part of your overall marketing plan to increase your website authority.
Social Media Marketing is another very big topic that can’t be covered in depth in this post, but to get started you should select a few social media sites (probably 2 – 4) that are a good fit for the content that you publish at your blog. Visit the various social media sites to get a feel for their audiences and what types of content they prefer. Also, don’t forget about niche social media sites which have smaller audiences but also have much more targeted traffic. Become an active user at your social media sites of choice rather than just submitting your own content and never voting for anything else.
As you use the site regularly, you will learn more about the tendencies and you can start to craft blog content with the audience in mind. Then as your content becomes popular at social media sites, users of those sites will see that other users have found your content to be valuable, and you will be able to establish some authority. Consistent success with social media can lead to a lot of traffic, links, exposure, and authority.
Focus on Quality Over Quantity
As bloggers publish new content and link to posts from other bloggers, they will link to the posts that are outstanding for one reason or another. Maybe it is an opinion piece that sheds new light on a topic. Maybe it is a tutorial that teaches something of interest to readers. Maybe it is a collection of resources that helps readers to find things that will make their lives easier. Whatever the case may be, this type of content cannot usually be written quickly. Make an effort to prioritize the quality of your blog’s content over the frequency of posts. If you have to make the choice between publishing one really good post per week or three average posts, go with one good post. Keeping exceptional content on the blog will allow you to be able to attract more links from other websites and blogs. This high level of quality in your content is needed in order to establish a high level of authority.
7. Get Around, Get Out There!
Part of establishing an authority site is being in front of your target audience on a regular basis. Rather than focusing solely on the content of your blog, make an effort to be seen, and be active in other places within the industry. This includes writing for other blogs, getting involved in the comments at other blogs, being an active member of social networks, using forums, or generally being involved wherever you may be able to interact with your target audience. All of these things can help to increase your exposure, and over time it will give you the opportunity to show that you have a lot to offer the industry.
8. Help Others Whenever Possible
Whether it be through your blog posts, comments on your blog, e-mail, Twitter, or any other method, any time you can help people you are working towards building more authority and respect. People remember those who have helped them in one way or another, and this is one way to prove that you are able to have a positive influence and that people should pay attention to you.
9. Be Different
Authority websites are not like every other website in their field. There is something unique about them that makes the site more valuable, more interesting, or more helpful to visitors. Make an effort to be different and offer something that others cannot.
There are many different approaches for making money online or for gaining more exposure for your business online, some can have an impact quickly while others (like building authority) are more focused on the long term. With other possibilities that could produce a return in a shorter period of time, why should you be concerned with building authority?
While no traffic source is guaranteed to keep sending visitors to your site, search engine traffic is much more stable than others, such as social media. If your site is not doing anything to irritate Google and if you are consistently working to improve your site and add new content, search engine traffic should at least be holding steady, if not increasing. Any website owner who wants to achieve stability and consistency (as much consistency as can be expected) should be focused on developing diverse traffic sources, including search engines.
An authority site will always have some stability in terms of traffic because the search engines will continue to send visitors, other sites will be sending visitors through links, and repeat visitors will be coming directly to the site because they know it is a trusted resource. 2. Quality Traffic
Search engine traffic is generally of higher quality than many other sources because people who find your site through searches are looking for something that you offer or for information that can be found on your site. Likewise, links from other sites that are recommending your business or the information on your site will also produce quality traffic. Repeat visitors who keep coming back to your site when they need something will be very high quality, because they already have proven that they turn to your site before going to others.
Because stability and quality of traffic is high, authority sites really have unlimited opportunities at their disposal. For example, SEOmoz built up its authority as a go-to source for SEO information, and now they make money by selling membership access to premium SEO tools that can help website owners and marketers to promote their own sites. Trying to sell this type of membership to SEO tools would be substantially less successful from a company that has not established itself as an authority in the industry.
Boost authority, Increase traffic!
Another example is Freelance Folder, a blog that covers all kinds of topics relevant to freelancers. After Freelance Folder had established a large audience and considerable authority, Mason Hipp and James Chartrand released The Unlimited Freelancer, an e-book that was aimed at its target audience. At the time the e-book was available for purchase, Freelance Folder already had a large audience to market to, and they had already earned the trust of that audience.
These are just two examples, the list could go on and on. But the point is that, with authority and an established audience, you can find ways to monetize your website and provide customers with something that is very valuable to them, and you will already have the audience waiting for you.
4. Increased Influence
An authority website has a great deal of influence within its industry. People tend to pay more attention to what someone is saying if they have earned their trust in the past. If you want to be one of the titans of your industry, working towards building an authority website is a good start.
Do you want to learn how to Submit Your BLOG FEED to get more targeted traffic from BIG directories? Every blogger wants permanent readers to read their blogs. But in order to get permanent readers bloggers need subscribers to their blog feed and RSS is the most effective way to keep your readers and to inform about your blog updates.
If you take a look around the internet you will find many ways to get subscribers, and RSS Feed Directories are among the most successful methods to get permanent subscribers to your blog.
Submitting your blog feed to RSS feed directories has even more advantages. Blog feed directories not only bring subscribers, it also helps bring quality traffics and help gain quality backlinks to your blog. Ensuring submitting your blog feed to high PR and high alexa ranked directories helps increase your blog SEO and garners huge exposure also.
So here are the most visited and top ranking blog RSS feed directories where every blogger SHOULD submit their blog RSS feed.
Submit Your BLOG FEED To The Top 15 RSS Directories!
1. Before submitting your website, blog, or url please make sure that your link is live online and fully-functioning for maximum benefit.
2. Enter your main (real) e-mail address, as you may receive confirmation messages from the Search Engines (you NEED to confirm them!) before your site is/can be listed.
3. Select the Search Engines below that you want to submit to and then hit the “Submit” button, It’s as easy as that! Submitting your url may take up to 2 minutes, Leave this window open for your report.
4. Do NOT submit the same url again once completed, This could result in your site being labelled for SPAM and you risk possible Blacklisting. We advise 12 – 15 days between submissions for each url.
Try out our cool new SEO TOOL: THE FREE GOOGLE SUBMITTER, courteously provide by our team! We have made this program especially for all our past customers, and is now useable for FREE for all of #TeamGetPopularFast to help increase their online presence. Have you been seeking expert help to beat your competitors on Google, Yahoo, Bing and others? http://SUBMIT.GETPOPULARFAST.com is the best solution for both new and established sites/blogs/pages to gain further search engine traffic and increased rankings.
All you have to do is insert your URL (whether it is a Blog, website, fanpage, youtube video, etc) and the your email, then Press the “Submit my Site” BUTTON and there you have it!
Leave the window open as to let all the submissions run through until fully complete! The entire FREE GOOGLE SUBMITTER process takes all of 2-3 minutes and submits your URL to over 200 google engines and search engines around the globe.
If you like GETPOPULARFAST FREE GOOGLE SUBMITTER as much as we do, we kindly ask that you take the time to Bookmark this Page or SHARE this Tool using the sidebar sharing widget on the actual page or even by sharing this page! 😀
YouTube is the biggest video website on the internet. If you want maximum exposure for your videos this is definitely the website to use. Many people try to market products on YouTube but fail miserably. The key to making money with video marketing is not to over complicate your videos, and to use them to drive targeted traffic to your site, blog, or products. Create interesting and informative videos that can effectively drive your products or services to the consumers that need them.
You should also know that many videos just need a few thousand paid views to start the so called snow ball effect. We can help your videos to be seen by thousands of real visitors. A lot of videos we promote end up going viral and receiving a steady stream of traffic for many years to come. This can be an incredibly useful option when you’re promoting popular products with nice profit margins. Don’t struggle trying to get new viewers, let our team supercharge your video marketing efforts. THE PRICE IS RIGHT, ACT NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!
Impress all of your friends & clients, GET YOUR YouTube Special Promo PACK!
WHILE YOUR IN THE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT (BOO!) CHECK OUT OUR COOL NEW SCARY MOVIE INTRO, just click on the picture to visit the Scary Movie Intro page.
Learn How to Grow Your Twitter Following. Different social media have different uses, strengths, and advantages. Twitter can classified as a ‘real time social networking’ site, a place for sharing information as it happens instantly and is used by others for connecting with friends and family, and customers, in real time, and can make you business lasting friendships and contacts.
Learning how to use twitter in this fun info graphic that can be a bit intimidating for the beginner, but don’t be put off – with a little effort and a lot of innate feeling your way through, being able to use Twitter well can make you ‘digitally’ famous!
Here are some Tips on How To Grow Your Twitter
Try to use just one tweet to get your point across. If it carries on to another tweet it should be shortened.
URL shorteners are sites you’ll learn to love as a tweeter: it shortens your long URLs into things that will easily fit into the 140 character limit.
If you’re looking for big follower totals, find a niche for your Twitter account. Tweet about politics, or hockey, or fashion, whatever interests you.
Look on websites you frequent for Twitter accounts; this can help you populate your Twitter-verse with people whose opinions and insights interest you the most.
Particularly excessive tweeting (100+ tweets in an hour or 1000+ tweets in a day) can send you temporarily to “Twitter jail” for a couple of hours. While in the proverbial “jail”, you can access your profile but cannot tweet.
Some social networkers use social media to exchange exciting ideas in any area from tech to finance to cooking. Others blog on emotional content such as dating and relationships. Decide what information you are comfortable with presenting online.
If you are then we want you to help us out by creating great content for the GetPopularFast community. In exchange we’ll reward you with packages to help you promote yourself, your company, brand or band!
What can you create?
We really want to leave this up to you, but we’re looking for content related to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Social Media.
Here are some ideas:
– Funny videos, graphics, short commercials
– Info graphics about GetPopularFast and Social Media
– Blog posts about us
– Tutorials on how to do something on twitter or Facebook
– Images, slideshows, or graphic packs related to GetPopularFast
– Tips, tricks or cheat sheets for using social networking tools
– News about Twitter, Facebook, pinterest, or any other network.
Get Popular Fast | Remember this!
Remember, the topic can be related to your niche, but must look at it from the perspective of a social network, such as Facebook, twitter, YouTube, pinterest, Google+, etc.
How do you apply?
Please contact us on our contact page. Give us any information you can about what you’re looking to create and any examples of your previous work, and we’ll take it from there.
Please tell us the following four things:
1) What type of content will it be? eg. Info graphic, Video, Article, Picture, News
2) What’s the topic? eg. GetPopularFast, Social Media
3) What’s the angle? eg. I’m going to create an info graphic of Social Media in 2012
4) Give us examples of your work if you have any. Got a blog or YouTube channel?
Get Popular Fast | What Kind Of Rewards?
We’ll generally do things like free packages! If your content is picked you can pick the social media platform and we pick the package. It really depends on the quality of the content and the amount of effort that went into creating it. We could give you 100 likes, or we could give you 20,000 Twitter followers. We’ll try be fair, and we will equate it to the content quality and effort.
What is great content?
We’re looking for content that is visually appealing, entertaining, informative, and of a high quality. It doesn’t have to be all those things at once, but it should generally be most of the above.
Will I get attribution?
Yes, absolutely. Any content that we accept from you will be posted with you as the author.
Can I self-promote?
No, we can’t accept any content that promotes other links or businesses. People can find you through your author link however.
Can I re post content I’ve used elsewhere?
We’re generally looking for original content. We may sometimes accept content that is of a very high quality and that is owned by you. We will not accept any externally copied content – you MUST be the content owner.
If you are in the process of creating a marketing campaign, or creating products/services, you really need to read this book.
This book can be used by today’s executives, and presents new method for business owners who want to help discover and increase their clientele and business. Even the little guys and non-profits can leverage this advice as well. In fact, the book cites real cases of small business owners who’ve realized a 5 to 10% increase in sales as a result of applying some of these principles. Start improving on your Twitter skills Now!
The most effective SEO Campaigns have a healthy combination of: effective keyword selection, correct web page structure, optimal keyword placement within this structure, and solid backlink building.
#1 in Canada for the most effective SEO Campaigns
Businesses need SEO Services like never before, competition for internet exposure has never been tougher and a SEO Campaign from GETPOPULARFAST.com can transform your website’s performance from relative obscurity to generating a REAL static online buzz and validating that with an increased stream of targeted traffic.
GetPopularFast has the most effective SEO Campaigns
We have SEO plans that can suit any budget, offering a variety of very reasonable prices that will your company the chance to excel online. No matter the pricing, or even the SEO plan itself, we never sacrifice quality and always over-deliver.
Wishing you The most effective SEO Campaigns, See you soon 😀