1. Participate in the blogosphere: Read and comment on other blogs in your field. This is a prime way to build readership of your blog. It is also a way of getting fresh content for both your blog and for your book.
To check out other blogs in your niche: use BlogSearch, Technorati, or Google.
This is also a good way to get ideas. What are other people in your field writing about? What are the major challenges of the people in your field? If you have competitors, check them out. They may be a great help in inspiring you for content ideas, different slants and perspectives. The old song, “Anything you can do, I can do better,” comes to mind.
2. Ask readers to comment on your blog. In fact, each time you post something, ask them a question. Then spell it out to them on how to post a comment because your readers will probably need to be educated or at least encouraged to comment.
Sometimes readers will need assurances of privacy, in which case, you can ask them to email you their questions or comments in private. Others are not worried about privacy because after all, a blog isn’t meant to be private. However, readers can be shy about commenting, and need encouragement.
You may also encourage them to respond by telling them that you would like to use their replies in your book, but will only do so with their permission.
3. Survey your readers, do a mini-study on their preferences, their experiences, etc. The Internet is the fastest way to acquire some statistics of readers’ preferences. Far from being a scientifically validated study that would pass muster in universities with academicians, an informal survey can give you ideas and material to write about. It can also confirm that you are addressing the concerns of your readers.
4. Run a contest for the best idea, funniest experience, most influential or heart-grabbing situation. If you want to use these readers’ responses for content in your book, you should tell them. Many people jump at the chance to be included in a book. Others may prefer to participate anonymously. You can give them both options.
Here’s an example of how one writer asked his readers for input:
Do You Have A Broken Windows Story?
Michael Levine’s new book, Broken Windows, Broken Business is being released later this month. Many people feel this is going to be a mega best-seller.
We have set up a website, where you can rant about broken windows in your everyday experience… Check it out at BrokenWindows.com.
People love to share their experiences, and they love to rant, or rave. Just ask.
5. Ask your readers to attend a teleseminar based on the needs, challenges, concepts and ideas of your blog readers. This is a great way to go deeper into the problems and solutions you are writing about. You can record the sessions, transcribe the dialogue, convert the teleseminar to audio and PDF files. These can be sold, or given away as marketing materials for your book.
6. Use your blog site meter stats to examine what are the most popular articles posted. This information will guide you to expand on the topics and subtopics that capture the interests of readers.
7. Consistently reconnect with your passion, and ignite and inspire others with similar interests. After you’ve been blogging for awhile, you will probably develop good blogging habits:
a. Write something on your blog daily, or at least 2-3 times a week.
b. Read other blogs 2-3 times a week. Be sure to use the My Yahoo or other RSS feed buttons to subscribe to your favorite blogs, or sign up to get email updates through a FeedBlitz service on each blog.
c. Write with your readers in mind. And if you’re not sure where their interests lie, ask them. If they’ve found your blog, and have subscribed, chances are you share a lot in common.
d. If you ever fall into blog-block, reconnect with your core purpose for the blog (remember, the one you wrote out before starting your blog?). When this happens there is usually a reason, although it may not be clear to you at the time. This will pass. You can help it along by asking questions – of your readers, yourself, your closest allies.
8. Podcasting – Create audio files easily by scheduling teleclasses and recording them. Some people like to get their information auditorily and at their convenience by downloading mp3 files to their iPods.
Use a free teleconferencing bridge line like http://www.freeconference.com to host a call. Record your call, upload the audio file and then post to your blog or podcast using a service like http://www.audioblog.com.
As an added benefit, you can get these calls transcribed; then convert the word doc to a PDF file which you can either give away, or sell, in exchange for people’s email address; http://www.CastingWords.com is a fast, affordable transcription service.
You know all that extra time you have to work on Search Engine Optimization? [A little sarcasm there] Actually, I tried to put together a list of quick things you can do that will help you move a little higher in your Google or Yahoo results.
1. Get listed in more search engines. There are tons of them out there. There are also many free services that will help you get listed. Or just set aside some time to get it done yourself. Here is a free search engine submission site that will let you cycle through the top 100 search engines and get your site submitted.
2. Get listed in more directories. Again, there are a lot of them out there. Look for higher pagerank directories. ImprovingRank has some listed by pagerank. Look on the left side of the homepage.
3. Clean up your html and check your links. You want the bots to have smooth sailing through your site. Use the tools on W3c.org and have a real person check them over too.
4. Get a few more links to your site. Make them relevant and at least the same pagerank as you.
5. Make your page file names descriptive and keyword rich. Naming your page new_page_1.html is wasting an opportunity to do some SEO. Use names that describe the content and keep the keywords flowing.
6. Check your Title tags. You can use 90 – 100 characters in the title, so add some keywords. We know Google looks at them, and so do many more search engines.
7. Check your ALT tags. Search bots can’t see pictures. Make sure you have ALT tags on all of your pictures, and make sure they are descriptive and keyword rich.
8. Rewrite your URL (anchor) tags. Good anchor tags (the text between the http: and /a tags) reinforce the message and key words of your site.
9. Go post in a few forums and put your website in your signature. Forums are a great place to put one way links. And you can help somebody out at the same time.
15 minutes every couple of days will make a huge difference in getting your rank higher.
SEO can be very beneficial for your online company and web site, provided that you follow the rules and guidelines. There are several experts online who can give you quick tips on how to achieve long term business success. SEO is very affordable and you do not have to spend so much time trying to grab the customers you’ve always wanted. Here are some advantages on how to acquire hundreds of thousands of customers in a short time.
The use of SEO can greatly enhance your ability to earn money. Your web site becomes more visible and available to several visitors all over the globe, thereby helping you get your ROI or return of investment back quickly. You get to stabilize your finances quickly too. Long term positioning is another benefit where you get to stay on top of search engine rankings as soon as your properly arrange and optimize the web site, compared to PPC wherein the outlay and costs are unpredictable and constant.
You get to boost your capability of earning more income by staying visible and ranking high on search engines. Search engine users may only view the first or second pages at most so you should aim to drive them immediately to your site by using the right tools and approaches.
Getting the Right Visitors
Compared to random advertising wherein you just target several thousands of individuals online with the hope that some of them will eventually purchase or be interested in your company, SEO helps you get targeted traffic. This means that you actually get visitors who are truly interested in your product, service or topic. You can boost your reputation by writing sound articles and content and putting these in related sites and online forums.
Promotional campaigns last 24 hours a day and 7 days a week nonstop once you start any SEO approach. You stay visible to your target market any time of the day. People can visit your site regardless of their location. You do not to pay people for working overtime or stay up late just to check on your buyers. SEO continually works for you even when you are off the internet.
SEO is one of the cheapest ways to market your product or service. You do not have to spend so much on advertisements and affiliates. You can just update the content of your site, use the right title and meta tags and make sure that your content is unique and easy to read for visitors. Loading pages are also faster, since optimized files are generally smaller. There will be fewer server overheads and requests, as well as faster download times. Using SEO means that you get increased accessibility. Users get to connect regardless of their current situation.
When you use SEOs, you can expect your brand visibility to improve significantly. Search engines also get to navigate and crawl to your pages easily. All pages must be accessible to search engines, so your site becomes very easy for engines to appropriately arrange and index. You also enhance usability, so users can enjoy their stay and experience more. You can get more repeat sales and visits if you continue to enhance your onsite navigation tools and give vital information that will appeal to your customers.
Find Your Favorite Videos Using VideoSearch from GetPopularFast!
Try out another one of our cool free tools, the VideoSearch is a cool little video search engine script that grabs the top search queries! Once done your initial search you can further limit your search results based on specifics like video age-based, and numerous subcategories/subjects, to allow for further sub-searches. It is a neat little tool introduced for #TEAMGETPOPULARFAST to utilize at their discretion. Hope you ENJOY!
To save time and keystrokes: instead of typing mile-long queries with advanced search operators, all you need to do is just type a few words in the search box and hit the search button, or ‘enter’ key, and our search will do the rest for you. If you ‘Like’ this free program please SHARE IT, thanks!
Don’t Forget to check out our other FREE TOOLS that our site provides, Just Another reason GetPopularFast.com is the #1 name in SEO, SMO, and Social Media Marketing in CANADA.
USE THE GETPOPULARFAST.com VIDEOSEARCH to SEARCH THE #1 TOP VIDEOS ON THE NET!
Learn How to Grow Your Twitter Following. Different social media have different uses, strengths, and advantages. Twitter can classified as a ‘real time social networking’ site, a place for sharing information as it happens instantly and is used by others for connecting with friends and family, and customers, in real time, and can make you business lasting friendships and contacts.
Learning how to use twitter in this fun info graphic that can be a bit intimidating for the beginner, but don’t be put off – with a little effort and a lot of innate feeling your way through, being able to use Twitter well can make you ‘digitally’ famous!
Here are some Tips on How To Grow Your Twitter
Try to use just one tweet to get your point across. If it carries on to another tweet it should be shortened.
URL shorteners are sites you’ll learn to love as a tweeter: it shortens your long URLs into things that will easily fit into the 140 character limit.
If you’re looking for big follower totals, find a niche for your Twitter account. Tweet about politics, or hockey, or fashion, whatever interests you.
Look on websites you frequent for Twitter accounts; this can help you populate your Twitter-verse with people whose opinions and insights interest you the most.
Particularly excessive tweeting (100+ tweets in an hour or 1000+ tweets in a day) can send you temporarily to “Twitter jail” for a couple of hours. While in the proverbial “jail”, you can access your profile but cannot tweet.
Some social networkers use social media to exchange exciting ideas in any area from tech to finance to cooking. Others blog on emotional content such as dating and relationships. Decide what information you are comfortable with presenting online.
This is How To Grow Your Twitter!
Get Popular Fast | Creating Content
If you are then we want you to help us out by creating great content for the GetPopularFast community. In exchange we’ll reward you with packages to help you promote yourself, your company, brand or band!
What can you create?
We really want to leave this up to you, but we’re looking for content related to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Social Media.
Here are some ideas:
– Funny videos, graphics, short commercials
– Info graphics about GetPopularFast and Social Media
– Blog posts about us
– Tutorials on how to do something on twitter or Facebook
– Images, slideshows, or graphic packs related to GetPopularFast
– Tips, tricks or cheat sheets for using social networking tools
– News about Twitter, Facebook, pinterest, or any other network.
Get Popular Fast | Remember this!
Remember, the topic can be related to your niche, but must look at it from the perspective of a social network, such as Facebook, twitter, YouTube, pinterest, Google+, etc.
How do you apply?
Please contact us on our contact page. Give us any information you can about what you’re looking to create and any examples of your previous work, and we’ll take it from there.
Please tell us the following four things:
1) What type of content will it be? eg. Info graphic, Video, Article, Picture, News
2) What’s the topic? eg. GetPopularFast, Social Media
3) What’s the angle? eg. I’m going to create an info graphic of Social Media in 2012
4) Give us examples of your work if you have any. Got a blog or YouTube channel?
Get Popular Fast | What Kind Of Rewards?
We’ll generally do things like free packages! If your content is picked you can pick the social media platform and we pick the package. It really depends on the quality of the content and the amount of effort that went into creating it. We could give you 100 likes, or we could give you 20,000 Twitter followers. We’ll try be fair, and we will equate it to the content quality and effort.
What is great content?
We’re looking for content that is visually appealing, entertaining, informative, and of a high quality. It doesn’t have to be all those things at once, but it should generally be most of the above.
Will I get attribution?
Yes, absolutely. Any content that we accept from you will be posted with you as the author.
Can I self-promote?
No, we can’t accept any content that promotes other links or businesses. People can find you through your author link however.
Can I re post content I’ve used elsewhere?
We’re generally looking for original content. We may sometimes accept content that is of a very high quality and that is owned by you. We will not accept any externally copied content – you MUST be the content owner.
Topic: Get Popular Fast