So, you’ve heard a few things about SEO and now you are trying to learn some more about what SEO actually is and what your goals actually are. Well, your main two goals in SEO are to increase your websites position in the search engine results pages (SERP’s) and to increase your websites traffic. Google Pagerank represents how important your website is compared to all other websites and Alexa Rank is how many visitors your website gets in relation to all other websites on the Internet. Both are great ways of measuring your sites success and growth. You are aim is to get a high Google Pagerank (commonly referred to as PR) and a low Alexa Rank. What looking at these two measured elements does is give you some idea of how well, or how badly, your website is doing in comparison to all other websites on the net. Let’s explore these two rankings in a little more detail.
What is Google Page Rank?
The co-founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, describe Google Page Rank as a tool designed to rank a website that is listed in the Google search index. A Pagerank of a web page is given on a scale of 0-10. 0 is the lowest possible score for a website and conversely a 10 is the highest score possible. A high Pagerank is defined by the amount, importance and relevance of web pages that link to the web page in question. When a web page links to another web page, Google consider that to be a vote for the page in question and therefore of some importance. There is a formula associated to how PageRank is calculated but for the purposes of this article it is too indepth, but if you are interested in the theory behind PageRank (PR) then a quick search on Google will provide fruitful.
What is Alexa Rank?
The Alexa Rank is different to Google PR; Alexa rank websites based solely on traffic to the website. Alexa rank websites in descending order towards 0, where the most highly visited website on the Internet is given a rank of 0. At this point in time the top three ranked websites (most visitors) on Alexa are, 0 – Yahoo, 1 – Google and 2 – MySpace.
According to Alexa these 3 websites get the most traffic on the Internet. Alexa Rankings vary from 1 to a billion. Every web site in the world is included in the Alexa Rank, so the scale on your Alexa ranking is constantly changing in relation to other websites on the Internet.
For better lookup engine optimization results online marketing experts advice that, make sure that all backlinks in your articles have anchor text that hold your keyword phrases. This is mainly because lookup engine follow the backlinks in your site to other web sites. It is for this reason that creating back backlinks becomes very important. When other website pages or blogs backlink to your site, they do not only help you generate traffic, but also in the process lookup engine find your site credible. This credibility ensures that you will get a high page ranking. Another aspect to consider in generating back backlinks is to make sure that the web sites you backlink to are relevant to blog or internet site. Don’t get jinxed with Dofollow and Nofollow. A backlink is a backlink when it is from a relevant blog or internet site to you. These are the most effective and the easiest method to get backlinks to your site or blog:
1) Blog Commenting: Commenting on dofollow and relevant blogs can be a better and effective way to get free backlinks to your site. One of the factors that influence your backlink quality is the relation between your site and the blog that give you backlink. If your site is regarding real state, it is better if you comment on a blog that related regarding real state.
2) Create Free Blogs: Creating free blog on like wordpress and blogger can be a great task for getting backlinks to your site and also some traffic to your business. It’s very easy to create a blog in free website pages. A blog post is presented within the context of its tags, categories, and published date, as well as within lookup results.
3) Use free forums: Register in some free dofollow forums and make profile for your business, add some posts as well as engage yourself in some topics for discussion. Forums are good source of getting some backlinks to your site and traffic to your internet site as well. Forums are full of the finest people you will ever meet. We are a marketing mix brand new Internet “newbie” and veterans, all in one. Many people who contribute in the forums are exactly where you are now.
4) Post Free Press Releases: Submitting press release to some free dofollow website pages is another great source to get free backlinks to your site to your internet site. Your own story should have unique content and should be posted in proper manner.
5) Submit to Dofollow Article Directories: Article directories are gaining nowadays more importance and popularity in SEO. So, submitting to dofollow article directories can result in getting some good quality backlinks to your site to your internet site. These directories are also much popular among lookup engines, which lead to generate good website visitors.
6) Social Bookmarking Submission: Social bookmarking is a way to store, tag and share backlinks across the internet. You can then access these backlinks from any computer anywhere anytime. These social bookmarking submissions can profit your internet site in terms of backlinks to your site; you should always try to submit in dofollow social bookmarking website pages. knows how to get this types of one-way, do-fallow backlinks to your site and improve your ranks on lookup engine, Some Seo Service internet site offers you a hues pre made backlinks to your site packets for your internet site
7) Create Social Networking Profiles: Creating social networking (Social Media) profiles can give your internet site a boost in terms of traffic as well as your internet site can have some good dofollow backlinks to your site. Social networking website pages are much popular among all lookup engines these days. All these efforts made for seo can really make a good sense for getting some free backlinks. All of us should follow some basic tactics while promoting the internet site. Link-based analysis is an extremely useful way of measuring a site’s value, and has greatly improved the quality of web lookup.
Besides these free backlinks there can be one more good option for us in terms of backlinks to your site, One way links can be purchased also and that’s why these are termed as paid backlinks to your site.
Even if you buy backlinks to your site you get the chosen number of permanent backlinks to your site every month that you stay on the program. Remember SEO is an ongoing task. You don’t just get some backlinks to your site and stop. You continue to grow the number of backlinks to your site to your internet site and of course continue to expand your content. These 2 things will get you to the top results for any keyword you want! Your own internet site results will get stronger and stronger every month.
Backlink building is just one of the most labor intensive and highly time consuming SEO tasks that most people never get around to doing! That is a big mistake! Again a backlink campaign will do more for you website pages lookup results and Page Rank than anything! High quality backlinks to your site are exactly what you are after, not just how fast a backlink service can deliver them but how well. Keep these things in mind right before you buy backlinks to your site from any services: quality and quantity. They must be able to gain backlinks to your site that are relevant to your internet site, and they must be able to meet the number of backlinks to your site they are offering and deliver them on time.
So, you’ve heard a few things about SEO and now you are trying to learn some more about what SEO actually is and what your goals actually are. Well, your main two goals in SEO are to increase your websites position in the search engine results pages (SERP’s) and increase website traffic. Google Pagerank represents how important your website is compared to all other websites and Alexa Rank is how many visitors your website gets in relation to all other websites on the Internet. You are aiming to get a high Google Pagerank (commonly refered to as PR) and a low Alexa Rank. What looking at these two measured elements does is give you some idea of how well, or how badly, your website is doing in comparison to all other websites. Lets explore these two rankings in a little more detail.
What is Google Page Rank?
The co-founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, describe Google Page Rank as a tool designed to rank a website that is listed in the Google search index. A Pagerank of a web page is given on a scale of 0-10. 0 is the lowest possible score for a website and conversely a 10 is the highest score possible. A high Pagerank is defined by the amount, importance (PageRank) and relevance of web pages that link to the web page in question. When a web page links to another web page, Google consider that to be a vote for the page in question and therefore of some importance. There is a formula associated to how PageRank is calculated but for the purposes of this article it is too indepth, but if you are interested in the theory behind PageRank (PR) then a quick search on Google will provide fruitful.
What is Alexa Rank?
The Alexa Rank is different to Google PR; Alexa rank websites based solely on traffic to the website. Alexa rank websites in descending order towards 0, where the most highly visited website on the Internet is given a rank of 0. At this point in time the top three ranked websites (most visitors) on Alexa are, 0 – Yahoo, 1 – Google and 2 – MySpace. According to Alexa these 3 websites get the most traffic on the Internet. Alexa Rankings vary from 1 to a billion. Every web site in the world is included in the Alexa Rank, so the scale on your Alexa ranking is constantly changing in relation to other websites on the Internet.
You know all that extra time you have to work on Search Engine Optimization? [A little sarcasm there] Actually, I tried to put together a list of quick things you can do that will help you move a little higher in your Google or Yahoo results.
1. Get listed in more search engines. There are tons of them out there. There are also many free services that will help you get listed. Or just set aside some time to get it done yourself. Here is a free search engine submission site that will let you cycle through the top 100 search engines and get your site submitted.
2. Get listed in more directories. Again, there are a lot of them out there. Look for higher pagerank directories. ImprovingRank has some listed by pagerank. Look on the left side of the homepage.
3. Clean up your html and check your links. You want the bots to have smooth sailing through your site. Use the tools on W3c.org and have a real person check them over too.
4. Get a few more links to your site. Make them relevant and at least the same pagerank as you.
5. Make your page file names descriptive and keyword rich. Naming your page new_page_1.html is wasting an opportunity to do some SEO. Use names that describe the content and keep the keywords flowing.
6. Check your Title tags. You can use 90 – 100 characters in the title, so add some keywords. We know Google looks at them, and so do many more search engines.
7. Check your ALT tags. Search bots can’t see pictures. Make sure you have ALT tags on all of your pictures, and make sure they are descriptive and keyword rich.
8. Rewrite your URL (anchor) tags. Good anchor tags (the text between the http: and /a tags) reinforce the message and key words of your site.
9. Go post in a few forums and put your website in your signature. Forums are a great place to put one way links. And you can help somebody out at the same time.
15 minutes every couple of days will make a huge difference in getting your rank higher.
No other advertising option offers the possibilities and freedoms of social media marketing. Your customization choices are only limited by the technology of the time, and you should always keep ahead of the curve. This article will focus on how to build a unique marketing plan that helps you stand out from the competition and create a name within your niche.
If you have several employees, select the right people to take care of your social media marketing. You will need individuals with excellent communication and marketing skills, as well as a good understanding of technology. Do not hesitate to pay for training sessions, or hire new employees if you think it is necessary.
To make sure your social marketing campaign is reaching your customers, find out where they congregate. Are many of them on Facebook or do they prefer Twitter? Depending on your niche, you might be better off looking at LinkedIn or even YouTube. Poll your customers and find out where they spend their internet hours. Pitch your tent there.
To make sure the best content on your site doesn’t get buried, have it reposted on Twitter automatically. There are a great deal of programs, such as SocialOomph, that will take care of this for you. To many of your followers, this content will be brand new, and it can be an excellent way to get people interested in what you have to say.
Create useful content by interviewing an expert in something related to your products. Post your interview on YouTube and share it on social media. This is the kind of content your followers will love to share with their friends. Make sure you choose an interesting interviewee and ask relevant questions.
Have a reveal tab on your Facebook page: only your friends or followers will be able to see it. Encourage people to ‘like’ your page so they can have access to this unique content. You could for instance reveal a unique coupon code to the Facebook users who have ‘liked’ your page.
Take advantage of in depth Twitter search tools like HootSuite and find out what your target audience really wants. If you see someone discussing a problem that you can help solve, send them a message! Directly engaging people will give your site a personal approach, and when people see how helpful you are, they’ll want to follow you.
When you are creating your ads that will be placed on a social media page, you must be sure that it will be flashy and attention grabbing. If you do not do this, it is likely that your ad will be glimpsed over with out a bit of acknowledgement. Make it flashy and people will notice it more often.
It is important that the consumers spot your differences from older competition, or they will often go with the more established name. You can stand out from the rest by putting your own personal touches on the tips and techniques listed in the paragraphs above. If you follow those tips and your product supports your claims, it will help build a company you can be proud of.
There are many different approaches for making money online or for gaining more exposure for your business online, some can have an impact quickly while others (like building authority) are more focused on the long term. With other possibilities that could produce a return in a shorter period of time, why should you be concerned with building authority?
While no traffic source is guaranteed to keep sending visitors to your site, search engine traffic is much more stable than others, such as social media. If your site is not doing anything to irritate Google and if you are consistently working to improve your site and add new content, search engine traffic should at least be holding steady, if not increasing. Any website owner who wants to achieve stability and consistency (as much consistency as can be expected) should be focused on developing diverse traffic sources, including search engines.
An authority site will always have some stability in terms of traffic because the search engines will continue to send visitors, other sites will be sending visitors through links, and repeat visitors will be coming directly to the site because they know it is a trusted resource. 2. Quality Traffic
Search engine traffic is generally of higher quality than many other sources because people who find your site through searches are looking for something that you offer or for information that can be found on your site. Likewise, links from other sites that are recommending your business or the information on your site will also produce quality traffic. Repeat visitors who keep coming back to your site when they need something will be very high quality, because they already have proven that they turn to your site before going to others.
Because stability and quality of traffic is high, authority sites really have unlimited opportunities at their disposal. For example, SEOmoz built up its authority as a go-to source for SEO information, and now they make money by selling membership access to premium SEO tools that can help website owners and marketers to promote their own sites. Trying to sell this type of membership to SEO tools would be substantially less successful from a company that has not established itself as an authority in the industry.
Boost authority, Increase traffic!
Another example is Freelance Folder, a blog that covers all kinds of topics relevant to freelancers. After Freelance Folder had established a large audience and considerable authority, Mason Hipp and James Chartrand released The Unlimited Freelancer, an e-book that was aimed at its target audience. At the time the e-book was available for purchase, Freelance Folder already had a large audience to market to, and they had already earned the trust of that audience.
These are just two examples, the list could go on and on. But the point is that, with authority and an established audience, you can find ways to monetize your website and provide customers with something that is very valuable to them, and you will already have the audience waiting for you.
4. Increased Influence
An authority website has a great deal of influence within its industry. People tend to pay more attention to what someone is saying if they have earned their trust in the past. If you want to be one of the titans of your industry, working towards building an authority website is a good start.
How do you plan for future changes in search engine rankings?
It would be great to have a crystal ball, prying into the plans of the search engines and how they may change weights of algorithms and the like.
The Future Of Search Engine Rankings
For those of little SE understanding, algorithms are formulas or rules set up by SE’s to determine ranking. Each rule then has a different weight or percentage of importance assigned to it. A good example of this is currently Google’s high weighting of linking over all other factors or rules.
So knowing this how do we get ahead of the game?
Do we simply keep up with the Jones (Google) in current time and not worry about future changes? Or do we allow for future changes in algorithms so we don’t have to go changing thousands of pages later on?
For me I will take the later…. and this is how it’s done…
We simply build in all factors that the SE’s currently rank sites on, a few they may use into the future and concentrate on ones that are the most sensible… here is a list
domain name >> the name itself, length of registration past and future
domain hosting >> good hosting network. different ip range for mininets/virtual real estate
meta tags >> title, keywords, description
on page >> keyword density, headers, alt tags, outbound links, outbound link text, site map, less graphics, no flash or frames
visitor usability >> fast loading, good content, good navigation, search equipped, site map
html >> w3c compliant
directories >> dmoz & yahoo, local, industry specific, large generic
linking >> inbound links, reciprocal links, domain & text linking (spread), same/similar industries (semantic latent indexing), no linking for bad neighborhoods or sites, quantity & quality of links, where links are placed on the page, link density, ip class/range
I’m sure there are a few others that I could add to this list however on the whole currently this is it.
If you include all of these items into building your next web page and sites, no matter how the SE’s decide to change their algorithms by giving one factor a higher importance over another, you will be in good stead to keeping up top rankings.
Like anything else, high search engine ranking is not rocket science! You just have to know the rules and then do the work.
Start with one keyword or phrase, do the research, implement a plan, do the work, get the high ranking and then move onto the next keyword or phrase…..
And if you want a huge head start, there’s some great info out on fast SEO ranking.
Topic: The Future Of Search Engine Rankings
We provide many Fast & Reliable services for your business. You will never have to worry about getting un-targeted traffic, dead links, or bogus contacts.
We provide only the highest quality fans/likes, followers, votes, views, backlinks, articles and contacts.
100% Guaranteed Delivery or Money Back. We have a Solid & Respected online reputation to maintain!
We primarily target English speaking visitors in 100+ target categories with 125+ Countries to choose from.
We provide our Special GEO & Interest based Targeting Services at no extra charge to our Customers!
Feel free to contact us before placing your order so we can help give you extra insight into all our products & services, to fully meet all your SEO needs.
We take pride in providing nothing less then superior Social Media Support packages for our customers.
Do you have a questions?
If we're Online, we'll answer them right away! If not, we respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
We have won numerous Industry Customer Service and Satisfaction Awards, Let us put our skills behind your next SEO
Our SEO & Online Marketing Experts are fully certified and licensed. The 100% safe & secure techniques that we use in our high quality services are all legal.
You will never have to worry about your site being blacklisted or banned.
Google Panda & Penguin Algorithm Updates make it even more crucial to have an Expert that is experienced in proper SEO methods.